eTRaXC® is an online service for recording and tracking distance training for high school, college, and
club cross-country and track and field participants. It was developed
by a current high school cross-country coach in Minnesota (USA) to help motivate his student-athletes to record their mileage over the summer
months. He felt that students who record their training are more likely to do the training. It is a subscription-based service that can be
renewed yearly or purchased on a lifetime subscription basis.
Features of eTRaXC®
- Access is secured by a user name and PIN numbers
- The ability to enter running training by the minute, the mile, or the kilometer
- The ability to enter cross-training in 12 categories
- The ability for participants to email their coach and vice-versa
- The ability for the coach and participants to send a group email to any or all of their team members
- The ability to view individual and team training summaries
- The ability to print reports of training summaries
- The ability to enter or view training anywhere you find internet connectivity.
- Graphical displays of training data
- A statistics utility to observe training mileage statistics (long run, big week, pct of days run, etc) over time
- A threaded forum to post announcements that are visible to every member of the team,as well as a public forum.
- A team manager utility that tracks attendance, forms/fees, equipment invenrtory among other features
- A race log so individual participants can log races as well as training
- A fitness profile to chart body weight and pulse rate development
- The ability for participants to track mileage on their training shoes to remind them when a new pair is needed
- Daily email notification to members of the coaching staff of training submitted by all participants the previous day
- The ability to record cross-country meet results (individual and team) and track particpant pr improvement
- The ability for the coach to customize the look and functionality of their team's site by setting preferences, submitting
a team picture and web links to sites of interest for that team.
- ...and much more!
The eTRaXC® Mission
The mission of eTRaXC® is to build a service around the needs of high school, college/university, and club
track-and-field, cross-country, and fitness coaches and their teams. Further, to be willing to continually add features as requested by
participating coaches. I no longer coach and this is my effort to give back to the sport that has given me so many good experiences and
memories as a runner and a coach. eTRaXC® will always be a work in progress and that progress is driven and directed by the coaches
of the teams that use it.