At eTRaXC we are constantly trying to improve the services we offer to the fitness community. This includes making changes necessary to
keep up with the rapidly changing technology and electronic media available, fixing issues in our current software that has been shown to be
dysfunctional on some level, and responding to the needs of our clientele. The purpose of this page is to keep you abreast of how this is
going. We will present you with three categories: recent enhancements, bug fixes on our radar, and things we are going to get at as soon
as possible. Please visit this page often.
Recent Enhancements Completed
The following are recent improvements we have made to the site. If you come across an issue in the functionality of these changes
please send us an email.
- Workout Scheduling Utility
- Made it much more user-friendly to schedule workouts for workout groups on your team and for individuals. Also created the
opportunity to upload workout documents/forms, etc.
- Roster/Team Contacts Batch Upload
- Primarily helpful for new coaches to upload their entire roster but can also be helpful each new season with multiple new team
- Training Incentives
- Training Incentives is a utility designed to allow coaches to create motivational programs for their athletes training
programs. Examples may be things like "Running Across The Country", "24 Hour Run", "500 Mile Club", etc. No data compilation required
by the coach.
- Team Customization
- Teams now have more ability to customize eTRaXC for their team by determining what colors they would like the site to render
and by the ability to upload a team crest, mascot, or other image.
- "I'm just sayin'..."
- Allow team members and coaches to make a quick comment that appears on the team's welcome page.
- "Spotlight On..."
- Recognize the achievements of individuals or the team on your team's welcome page.
- Resource Sharing
- Allow coaches to share resources (workout sheets, articles, links, etc) with each other.
- Data Resources
- Tap into the database to create custome, data-driven forms for your team. Saves a lot of spreadsheet manipulation on your part.
- Text Messaging
- Added the ability to communicate with team members/coaches via SMS messaging to the "Communications" portal.
- Mobile-Friendly Version
- Created, and continuing to add functionality to, a version that renders well on mobile devices like a blackberry, iPhone, etc.
- Site Re-Skin
- The site was aging and falling into a state of disrepair and it looked like it was developed 8 - 10 years ago, which it was. We
have taken most of the frames out and removed a lot of the border-based appearance, shifting to colors that are a little more
These are improvements we are planning for the near future. If you have a suggestion for something that would make
eTRaXC more valuable to you or others, please send us an email.
- Parent Logins
- Create logins especially for parents with very limited access (schedule, results, communication only?).
- "The Locker Room"
- An athlete and coach's social network.
- Team Web Sites
- Create the option of providing a web site for each team that has a seamles interface with eTRaXC.
- Continue To Add Mobile Functionality
- Continue to modify existing eTRaXC functionality so that it renders well on mobile devices.
- Day Week Starts
- Allow coach to set the start day of the week as Monday or Sunday.
- Create the capability to comment on team members' training and racing results.
- More Efficient Results Entry
- Currently the process for entering race results is a little tedious. We are looking for ways to make this more efficient.
- Increase Max Race Time/Distances
- Currently the categories on the race entry forms are limited to races lasting 6 hours and marathon distance. Ultimately, the race times
will be extended to include races lasting at least 48 hours and distances of at least 100 miles.
- Explore Third-Party Partnerships
- There are some nice products and servies out there for cc and t&f. We would like to eventually partner with some of these to
create seamless interaction to save our coaches and athletes time and effort.
- Stronger Login Credentials
- Move away from the PIN approach to a more secure password-based approach to add greater site security.
- "Forgot My Password"
- Create a different process for forgotten password that resets it rather than sends it via email to increase data security.
Fixes On Our Radar
The following are issues that we are working hard to resolve. These have been reported by coaches and athletes using eTRaXC. If you
come across an issue in the functionality of the site please send us an email.
- Equipment Log
- There seem to be some irregularities and difficulties when managing this portion of the Team Manager. We will get on it!
- Results Entry
- Occassionally results entered do not remain in their entered form. We are looking into this.
- PR Updates
- There is an issue with race results not updating pr lists automatically. This is a priority for us and we hope to have it resolved
- Editing Race Log Entries
- At times it can be difficult to delete or edit an existing entry in a race log. This is a sporadic issue which makes it difficult to\
resolve but we will figure it out.
- Dead Links
- Find and resolve any remaining links on the site that return 500 or 404 errors.